Wednesday, May 13, 2009

san jose cafe

Photobucket

After a long and sleepless night in flight to Costa Rica from Bozeman, MT, i made it in this morning. Shuffling past anxious taxi drivers, i find my driver, Victor... who is awaiting me with a smile that seems unreal for 530 a.m. His countenance puts me in a good mood, and as we head to the Universidad de Veritas, we pass massive coffee fields.... alluding to my prospective cup of local cafe. Victor and I spend the next hour sitting in an openwalled coffee shop trying to decipher eachothers languages, and of course, bebemos cafe con leche.
Not even 8 a.m., city is bustling, mood is set, and Julia is caffeinated. The remainder of the day was a cocktail of cat naps, thunderstorms, mas cafe, aimlessly wandering the nameless San Jose streets, and these two realizations: Don't leave the house without an umbrella. And, although I have impressed myself with my fragmented Spanish, it still needs alot of work.