Monday, August 17, 2009

retroville

so as my whirlwind summer starts to slowly wind down, and a slower paced bozeman reality has its way with me, i breathe out.
i am home. i am back in the throngs of life i have become accostomed to. 9 ta 5. school. bills. and the frisky winter on the horizon. but, i have my friends and my familiarity which is pretty nice. nice like nestling next to a blazing fire in the holds of an old comfy sofa. nice like conversation pouring easily like a good red wine. just nice and comfy.
as i left my house this morning, i walked out with a few intentions. i am moving and would ideally like to do so before school starts. i start to open my computer in the local 'wild joes' coffee shop, when i see my friend, pascal. after our initial embrace and super smiles....i find that he is moving to L.A. along with work ventures, montana winters have really just gotten the better of him...and lo and behold...he offered his place to me. so there. i close my computer and jaunt downtown to take a look at my new stomping grounds...its retro. the kind of retro which includes carpeted bathroom ceilings. but its nice and it has character. its perfect. its clean and its got a modern twist with new appliances, nice oak walls and a gas fireplace.
so, i am a happy camper. happy with a shaggy camping spot. my fire has officially been stoked.