Friday, December 3, 2010

montanan

friday night, 10:30.
long day. i woke up early to find a foot of freshly fallen snow on the ground. after brushing the snow of my buick with a swifter...yes, thats right...i drove 15 miles to work, passing cars in the ditch.
my trusty steed did me well. my blue suede shoes.
after a good 10 hours of productivity, i came home and reshoveled my walkway with a mouth full of sunflower seeds.
inhaled my leftover phyllo dough spinich pie and headed to the Ellen theatre.
a christmas carol debuted tonight. my seat was E101, one of the better ones in that there was an empty space in front of me to stretch my feet...which i didn't utilize, but still nice. it was so sweet. great acting, heartwarming. giggles. laughter. and the ellen. the ellen is so beautiful in its vintage lore.
driving home, and a bit lonely...i tossed back and forth the idea of going out...but my sensibility took over the reins and i came home.
turned on the computer, checked to see if bozeman mag. had published my article...and alas, they did...including my first poem.
which goes something like this;

“We are here together you and I,
that feverish summer well’s run dry.
She came in hot and went out cold,
Teased you a bit just like fools gold.

Now you’re left with me, my friend
With any season, I will gladly contend.
Tell me, what is your hearts delight,
And please, by all means, be forthright.

Is it weaving through a bed of trees
Bouncing off powder on two skis?
Maybe you prefer to ride a board
Shredding through terrain unexplored.

Either way, if that’s your love,
These types of things that I speak of,
Take my frosty hand and follow me,
Bundle up tight, and lets go ski.”

made me smile.
because it is sprinkled with personal metaphors.

goodnight world.