Thursday, December 17, 2009

awww.......

my first day free of the ball and chains of school. it feels fabulous. almost a month off, to clear my head of textbook psychology. oh yes. i did well this semester, 6 A's and one lil B+. so life is good. my hard work paid off.
i have been going strong for two and half years straight. through every summer... my eye on the prize. and it is right around the corner. it really is skipping stones from here on out.
I am pretty happy with myself.
i am going to continue to work through my family outreach company, taking care of my same kiddo, who i love and adore! i am going to be recieving another 6 credits through school, flexible hours, as well as making decent money. so blessed i have this job. it has its hand on so many aspects of my life, in so many wonderful ways.
i am starting with the campus newspaper, the 'exponent.' i should be hearing from them sometime in january, but sound like i am getting my own column and the opportunity to publish some photography as well! will be purchasing a nice digital canon here in the next few days, not sure the exact model, but its gonna kick serious bootay, so lots of great articles and photos to come.... i am thinking an outdoors column would be prime. spend my saturdays stompin around outside, getting my adventures published, AND PAID! sweet! i would volunteer, but give me a computer and an office and a paycheck, even better :)
i have a great friend coming into town this evening, he's bringing me ELK MEAT! yes, a friend of mine for sure! a fun couple days planned, ice climbing....getting comfy with this vacation thing...
Another great friend coming down from columbia falls in a few days to pick me up and TAKE ME HOME! she is so wonderful, and i have a nice meal planned for us sunday. stuffed acorn squash, an nice organic bottle of red.... downtown for some dessert.... she is one of those friends that i love like a sister and knows where my gut wrenching belly laughs lay, and she finds them every time i see her!
Then hooooooooooommmmmmeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! FINALLY!
monday is the winter solstice, the shortest day of the year ! another nice dinner with my 'curb your enthusiasm' friends back home, and i will be recieving my new camera!!!!!
the best part....
is my sister is pregnant and about ready to pop. her due date is december 30th but we are all thinking she will give birth early. i am telling the little baby boy to wait for auntie julia, I WANT TO BE THERE! take pictures, offer support, watch the miracle of life. so many photos to come of this occasion.
many friends to see, many good times to be had, no worries on documentation, that is so my style.