Wednesday, February 24, 2010

kiss my cheek

i rest my face, affectionately on the cold glass pane, as the suns rays kiss my cheek. my eyes stay closed but the radiance still shines through...coloring my inner eyelids a deep fire red. these moments in time are revered to me. when i am able to release and elevate, and absorb these divine graces....

Our days are filled, it seems. with things. we run from one thing to the next, sometimes. i run, without stopping. and by the time i lay my head down, i realize that i didn't allow myself to experience, to truly stop and experience my days track meet. the food i cram into my mouth...do i taste it? do i enjoy it? am i grateful for it....

the qualities of attention and awareness needed to be mindful of your day can be cultivated and developed. It is an inherent human capapity to be mindful, to one degree or another. the key, then is to refine this capacity and bring it to all aspects of life.

maybe it starts with a view, or skillful understanding of how unexamined behaviors and untrained minds can contribute directly to human suffering. your own suffering and the suffering of others.

meditation, daily. a time of quiet set aside during the day. to sit and breathe and let it be. theres no substitute for these times of consciousness discipline.
it allows ME to see my intentions for the day...and adjust accordingly...i can breed a peaceful disposition through a meditative state, relinquishing unneeded control and letting things fall as they may.



being grateful. really truly being grateful.