Sunday, July 12, 2009

day 3

so...end of the third day of my cleanse. it was much easier for me today....but far from 'easy.' it takes some serious will power to say no to such instinctiveness.... as hunger. but there is also a sort of masochistic satisfaction in holding on to the last thread of will power, dismissing temptation, whose sole purpose is to taunt the shit out of you... so beating that, feels good.

the sun was fierce today... so i practiced my version of a starfish on the lawn. all morning. took a walk. sitting in the church pew, i realized that as soon as i let my incessant thought process go, i could hear the noises all around me... birds chirping, kids laughing.... walked home in a daze....

and in the afternoon, claudias grandpa, ernesto, asked me if i would like to see his rooster cage. at first i told him no, because, i really didn't want to see it. but, he asked me again, so, out of dutiful elderly respect, i entered this dark rooster cage.....
and, i found that it wasn't merely a roost... ernesto had built this massive space for rooster fighting.



equipped with numbered rooster cages...



and a kitchen...


so, with as much dislike i have for the whole idea of roosters sporting razors and fighting to the death, for no godly reason other than sick entertainment... it was interesting to see this underground illegal operation....in full force...